Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Introduction and Welcome

My name is Shannon aka Red Velvet and i have decided it is time to start blogging about my wine and food experiences, creations and tastings. I am an active participant in two Sydney based monthly Wine tasting groups, one of which i chair and organise myself. I have had an active interest in Wine and Food for the last 10 years and as such have hosted many dinner parties, tastings and so on. I have set up this blog for friends new and old as well as myself to track my wine and food experiences and to hopefully encourage a forum for feedback amongst my Wine tasting group participants and friends alike.

First up why Red Velvet? Red Velvet has been my screen name/nick in a number of wine forums for nearly 5 years now. Red Velvet came about after opening, tasting and drinking a 1996 Rockford Basket Press Shiraz around Christmas in 2004. The wine on this occasion was described by myself as being like "Red Velvet" plush, deep, intense and yet so soft and caressing hence like drinking a glass of Crushed Red Velvet. For anyone who has had the opportunity to drink the 1996 Rockford Basket Press Shiraz i am sure you would likely agree with my explanation of Red Velvet. From this occasion i decided the explanation of one of my favourite all time wines would be my screen name in the online forums i had recently discovered in 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment